Thursday 15 March 2012

Welcome to the Madness

So these last two weeks have been quite a roller coaster. Literally, well almost.


I went from training the best I have all year, as we finally started some 800 specific workouts, to then tweaking my hamstring the next practice. This injury served as a blessing in disguise as I finally got to give my body a break for a few days.  So it was back in the water (water running) for my workouts and long runs. For all those who have never water ran, it just consist of running in the water. For me water running consist of two choices: turn over as fast as you can an stay afloat or drown. (Its quite the motivation to keep going.)  I came back on this Monday feeling recovered and ready to rock a speed workout, thinking I was fully healed, but ended up re injuring my hamstring. I made the mistake of being over zealous and coming back when I wasn't fully healed. So now I am once again in the pool for training. 

Injury is a funny thing. It takes you on a mental roller coaster. You go from thinking your getting better to then thinking your not in a matter of moments. After finally getting over my calf injury from the summer, I was excited to finally be healthy and get in some quality training. But I guess that was not meant to be. I am firm believer of everything happens for a reason so I choose to stay positive. Maybe my body needs some more time to finally get over this injury spell, maybe not?  But its a journey and for every athlete that journey consist of obstacles that must be overcome. The key is too stay positive and focused on the goals ahead. 

So whats next for me? Well I am getting therapy everyday for the next week and continuing to do my workouts and runs in the pool. Hopefully in two, plus or minus a week, I will be back on the track. I know some people have been asking when I my first meet will be?  I was planning on opening up in early April but with this injury that may or may not be pushed back a bit. 

On the positive side, I am currently 13/14 in my March Madness bracket. I love the madness. 


One love. 


God bless!






No comments:

Post a Comment