Thursday 19 April 2012

California State of Mind

On Tuesday night I arrived in LA and on Saturday I will be opening up my season at Mt Sac relays. I spent the last few days getting accustomed to the weather (and the beach) and to get some much needed track work in on a full size 400m track. Obviously due to the snow I was still training on the indoor 200m track in Edmonton.  The race can be seen on Flotrack.org at 12:30 pacific time.

 The last few weeks of training has been good. I finally feel that I am on the upswing of my injuries. I was able to do some much needed over distance work with little to no pain. Some people have asked what does my average week of training looks like so I will give you a brief rundown. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I do a morning run (which ranges from 15-30 mins) and then a track session at night.  Tuesday and Thursday consist of a weight session and long run (40-60 min) and then Sat or Sun I do a long run of 60-90 min. Obviously my weeks do not always look like this but it stays close to this format throughout the months of training.

Currently I am struggling with some allergy problems but I am excited for what this season to start on Saturday! I have not raced since August and I am excited to get this race rust off! My strategy going into races is too just go out and have fun. I found that it does no good to stress/worry/doubt as that does nothing but hinder your performance. I can only control what I do and the biggest thing is to run free and to run because you love it!

Oh also a big shout out to Dr. Rick Rana (Chiropractor, acupuncturist and IMS practitioner) and Janice Kalyta  (massage therapist) and to all those who have helped support me! I would not be here if it were not for  y'alls help.

Ill post this weekend on the race. God bless!

Stay classy.

Jaden


No comments:

Post a Comment