Tuesday 24 April 2012

Race recap

Well the result in California was definitely not what I was looking for.  I did not realize how much toll my allergies where taking on my body. As I mentioned in my previous post, I was trying to tell myself I was healthy and ready to go but in reality I was not. For the two days before my race I was stuck in my hotel room trying to sleep off my head congestion/pressure/allergies. My symptoms for the last 2 weeks are ear pressure, stuffy nose, red eyes, sore throat and headaches. I thought by going to California my allergies would slowly go away but that was not the case. So when I took the line on Saturday I felt like I was running on 5%  body energy and that definitely showed. I got to 600m and just felt dead. I could not get in oxygen and therefore my body went into oxygen debt way earlier than I should. But all in all there are still some positives to take out of this weekend:
1. First race jitters are out of the way.
2. Mentally Im still confident as my workout results have been the best ever.
3. I can cross off "getting last in a race" of my bucket list.
4. Worst is out of the way after the first race.
5. The Canucks are eliminated.

So even though, right after the race, I wanted to be frustrated I realized that it would only lead to negative feelings when in reality I ran as fast as my body could let me go on that day so I need to be content with that. It is a quick turnaround as this Sunday I am at Stanford to race again. I am doing my best to reboots my immune system and get healthy. Hopefully I'll be healthy to finally get a productive time out!


Over and out,
JD


No comments:

Post a Comment